Mental Health & Wellness Department
Certificate in Counseling Skills
Discount for Ministers and Church Leaders
- Applicants who are church ministers, shepherds or serve in other leadership or ministry capacity are eligible for savings. The cost of the first class is $250 with a 50% discount for remaining counseling skills certificate classes.
Contact the Mental Health & Wellness Office for more details at 501-279-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expand Your Counseling Capacity
This 18-hour certificate program is designed to equip preachers, youth ministers, family ministers, women’s ministers, church leaders, missionaries and lay leaders with the tools necessary for working with and helping those dealing with addictions, marital issues, parenting difficulties and other mental health concerns within a church or ministry related context.
- Online delivery
- Complete the online application.
- Request official transcripts* be sent directly from previous institutions to MHW@harding.edu.
*Note: Harding alumni and current students do not need to request Harding transcripts as they are on file.
- Request one letter of recommendation.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by an agency nationally recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Applicants will also be required to complete a virtual interview with the faculty prior to admission
Please direct any questions to:
Department of Mental Health & Wellness
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
When to Apply
Applications should be submitted by the following dates:
Summer term: March 30
Fall term: July 1
Spring term: November 15
Curriculum Plan & Course Schedule
COUN 6020 Techniques in Counseling
COUN 6100 Group Counseling
COUN 6110 Multicultural Counseling
COUN 6120 Addictions Counseling
COUN 6130 Human Sexuality and Counseling
COUN 6140/6230 Relational Counseling
Total of 18 hours