Veterans Benefits

Harding University is approved by the Arkansas State Approving agency for Veterans, thereby, allowing veterans and their beneficiaries to utilize military educational benefits to fund their studies.

For more information on each type of benefit, please visit the VA's Education and Training webpage. 

GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).     

Primary Point of Contact: Kelley Cox

Phone Number: 501-279-4404


Schedule a meeting with the VA School Certifying Official

2023-2024 Tuition Rates
If you do not see your rate listed, please contact the Primary Point of Contact.

Benefit Opportunities

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs decides which benefits you qualify for based on your time in service.

For more information regarding your eligibility, please contact the VA Education Call Center. They can be reached at 888-442-4551 or through the Ask VA portal.


Benefit Types:

Chapter 30 and 1606: Montgomery GI Bill ®(PDF)

Eligibility Information: Active Duty (30) 

Eligibility Information: Selected Reserve (1606)

Apply for benefits: Click here

 Chapter 31: Veteran Readiness and Employment

     Eligibility Information: VR&E

     Apply for benefits: Click here

more info...

 Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill® (PDF) *Including Fry Scholarship*

Eligibility Information: Post 9/11 and Fry Scholarship

Transferring Entitlement to Dependents and/or Spouse: Click here

Additional Scholarship (Undergraduate students only): Yellow Ribbon Program

Additional Scholarship (Veterans and Fry Scholarship only): Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship

Apply for benefits: Click here

 Chapter 35: Dependents Educational Assistance (PDF)

Eligibility Information: Dependents Education Assistance

Additional Scholarship (Arkansas residents only): Military Dependents Scholarship (MDS)

Apply for benefits: Click here


Additional VA Scholarship Opportunities

Source Home Page

- Health Professional Scholarship Program (HSPS) For those "receiving training in a direct or indirect health-care services discipline..."

- Visual Impairment and Orientation & Mobility Professionals Scholarship (VIOMPSP) For those seeking to qualify as a "blind rehabilitation specialist..."

- Vet Center For those "receiving training in a mental health related field."

- Specialty Education Loan Repayment Program (SELRP)" assistance to physicians in the form of loan repayment to recent graduates of an accredited medical or osteopathic school and matched to a residency indentifed as a shortage by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)."


Contact person: Angie Shafer

Phone Number: 501-279-4338

General Information

Chapter 31: Veterans Readiness and Employment: Harding University will send a bill to the Department of Veterans Affairs after the student’s hours have been certified through the VA School Certifying Official.

Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®: Tuition and fees will be certified during the second week of class. Any interest accrued while Harding waits on the VA to release these funds will be removed from the student's account. 

  • Dropping a course: If you drop a course in which Ch. 33 benefits were paid out, the VA will request Harding to return funds originally paid for that course. When the debt letter is received by Harding, the Business Office will charge that debt amount to the student's account for repayment. 

Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance: The VA will release your funds at the end of the month for the previous month. If you plan to use these funds to help pay off your Business Office account, it is recommended that you opt-in to the Business Office payment plan. 

Chapter 1606 and 30: Montgomery GI Bill®: The VA will release your funds at the end of the month for the previous month. If you plan to use these funds to help pay off your Business Office account, it is recommended that you opt-in to the Business Office payment plan. The VA will require you to verify your enrollment before your funds are released.

Tuition Assistance (TA): Students using TA as well as personal funds to pay for their semester courses are encouraged to opt-in to the Business Office's payment plan. 

  • TA Refund Policy: When a student drops a class in which TA was paid out, Harding is required to return unearned funds and is refunded on a sliding scale.
    Weeks 1-2: 100%
    Weeks 3-4: 75%
    Weeks 5-8: 50%
    Weeks 9-10: 40% (60% of course completed)
    Weeks 11-16: 0%

Financial Aid

Primary Point of Contact: Judy Hall

Secondary Point of Contact: Any Financial Aid Counselor

Phone Number: 501-279-4257

Students receiving benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs or Federal Tuition Assistance are allowed to receive federal financial aid to supplement their military funding.

For questions or more information on available aid (including submitting the FASFA), please visit the Office of Financial Aid.

To apply for Financial Aid, go to: Apply for Financial Aid

For information regarding Harding's Student Loan Cohort Default rate, please visit Harding's Consumer Information webpage. 

Additional Resources:

College Navigator: College Navigator is a free consumer information tool that guides, leads, and directs students, parents, high school counselors and other interested parties to information about higher education institutions including accredited universities, graduation rates, Cohort Default Rates, estimated expenses, etc. The primary data source for College Navigator is the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, or IPEDS.

Military Transcripts

VA students may receive transfer credit based on their experience and responsibilities while in service.  Credit may be transferred according to ACE recommendations for the experience or participation in a class or for DANTE scores.  In order to receive credit, the soldier should request their official military transcript be sent to the Registrar at Harding University for evaluation.

Types of Transcripts:

Archive of veteran military service records

White County VSO: Phone Number - 501-279-6210, Location - 411 North Spruce Street, Searcy, AR 72143.

Semester Certifications

Contact Person: Kelley Cox

Phone Number: 501-279-4404


All chapters:

1) Students must submit either a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Statement of Benefits to the VA School  Certifying Official before the first semester’s hours may be certified. These documents are available after the student has applied and been approved for benefits.

2) Each semester you will be required to fill out the VA Certification form found on your Pipeline account. This information lets you update your program of study and contact information, as well as, letting the VA Certifying Official that you plan to use your benefits during that semester.

3) If you are planning on taking courses at another institution while you are still a student at Harding University, you must be pre-approved to take and then transfer those courses back to Harding. Each student will need to fill out the Transfer Course Pre-Approval found on their Pipeline account. When taking courses at another school while Harding is considered your primary school, a Parent Letter must be forwarded to the secondary school in order for your transfer hours to be certified with the VA.

Chapter 31 (VR&E): Your individual Case Manager will forward the approval paperwork in order for the VA Certifying Official to certify your fall hours.

While your hours will be certified at the beginning of the semester, your tuition and fees will not be submitted for payment until you have reached the 0% refund period for the semester. All interest that accrues during this time will be removed once payment has been received. You will not be required to pay these charges.

Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 and Fry Scholarship): Adding/Dropping courses- You will be financially responsible for any courses you drop that are not dropped during the free drop/add period.

Refunded tuition/fees: The VA will determine the refund amount and will submit that refund request to Harding. The Business Office will charge that refund amount to your semester bill. You will be responsible for that debt.

Refunded BAH or Book Stipends: The VA will send the debt letter directly to the student for any funds that need to be returned.

Transfer Students

If you have used your VA benefits previously with another institution, you must complete and submit one of the following two forms with the Department of Veterans Affairs before Harding can certify your hours in the upcoming semester:

- VA Form 22-1995: Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

- VA Form 22-5495: Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

As a transfer student, you will also be required to submit official copies of all college transcripts as part of your admissions requirements into Harding University.

Contact Us

Registrar's Office


Fax: 501-279-4388

Location: Administration 106

Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Mailing address:
Harding University
Registrar's Office
HU 10766
Searcy, AR 72149-5615