We are so happy you are interested in transferring to Harding! Choosing a college is a big decision, and we hope you will make Harding your home to complete your degree program and find your calling. At Harding, we strive to be a community of mission, providing transformational experiences that nurture faith, strong values and lifelong connections. We are thrilled at the prospect of having you join the Harding family.
Transfer to SearcyBison Ready is a program for transfer students who are admitted to Harding and will be enrolling for a future semester. Whether you are transferring from another college or university or upon completion of two-year program prerequisites elsewhere, you can be Bison Ready. No matter when you’re officially joining us, we want to welcome you to the herd and help you get involved.
Transfer to NWAHarding Northwest Arkansas, located in Rogers, works closely with Northwest Arkansas Community College (NWACC). The two-year degree completion program offers students the opportunity to earn a bachelor’s degree in education after completing an associate’s degree or the required prerequisite coursework at NWACC. Designed with the nontraditional student in mind, HUNWA offers flexible/evening scheduling, online classes and eight week courses.
Application Checklist for Transfer Students
Before applying for transfer admission, it is a good idea to understand how your current credits will transfer and apply toward your desired degree program at Harding.
1. Complete Transfer Credit Evaluation - determine how your credits will transfer.
- Review your courses via the Transfer Equivalency System to determine how courses taken at the other regionally accredited institution(s) will transfer to Harding University.
- Transferology is another available tool to determine course equivalency. However, if you have detailed questions regarding course equivalency, you may request an Equivalency Evaluation. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include:
- Subject: “Prospective Transfer Student - Your Name”
- Name of institution(s)
- List of courses taken with course code and title
- Year courses were taken
3. Pay $50 Application Fee
- Credit Card or in-person or by calling 800-477-4407
- Check made payable to Harding University. In person or mail to
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
915 E. Market Ave.
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
- Or pay online through applyWeb (fee must be paid in order to submit electronic application)
4. Submit official transcripts from every institution the student has attempted coursework
Electronically via transcript service partnered with the previous institution(s). Contact the institution(s) to learn how to have transcript sent to Harding electronically. See if getmytranscript.com has partnered with the previous institution(s) to process online requests and electronic delivery of transcripts. Note: This is a fast tool to get your transcript to Harding if the previous institution(s) is partnered with the site, but not all schools are.
- By mail: sent directly from the previous institution(s) to Harding
- In person: brought by the student in a sealed, unopened envelope from the previous institution(s)
5. Housing — Pay enrollment fee and select housing preferences (deadline is May 1): Once you have decided to join the herd, commit by paying your $250 enrollment fee and select your housing preferences. Priority Commitment (deadline is Feb 1): Students that commit early pay a discounted Enrollment Fee of $150 (typically $250), are more likely receive their dorm of choice, and will have priority registration for Bison Bound (new student orientation).
- If student is 21 years old and has completed 105 hours or more, or older than 21 years old, they are not required to live on-campus.
- If student is 23 years old or older, they may not live in a dorm, however, apartments on campus are available.
- A student, regardless of age and hours, may seek approval for off-campus approved housing by contacting the Office of Student Life.
- Student may pursue Harding University rental options
6. Bison Bound: Registration for Spring 2022 Bison Bound.
Once all required documentation has been received, please allow 3-5 business days for Admissions Decision to be made. Required documentation includes: application, app fee, and transcript(s).
Actions after Acceptance
1. Transcripts: Please submit additional or updated transcripts for all course work completed after acceptance.
2. Immunization Records: submit proof of MMR vaccination.
- If student has less than 30 earned hours, provide proof of 2 MMR vaccinations - the first must be given on or after the first birthday. The second must be given no earlier than 28 days after the first.
- If student has 30 or more earned hours and is a U.S. applicant, provide proof of 1 MMR vaccination - given on or after the first birthday.
3. Pipeline Account: activate your student account at pipeline.harding.edu.
- Select the “Student Access” tab.
- Click “Activate My Account.”
- Complete the form to activate your account and retrieve your username.
4. Access Harding Email: once you have activated Pipeline, make sure you are able to access your Harding email account. This is very important as this is Harding’s official method of communicating with you.
5. Apply for Financial Aid: recommended but not required. Contact Financial Aid Services directly for further details.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using Harding’s school code (001097) to send your information to the University.
- Or send existing FAFSA information to Harding by changing the school code to 001097.
6. Bison Bound Orientation: Register to attend our required orientation program for first-year students and their parents. You will tour campus, obtain your student ID and parking tags, register for classes, and more! Find more information about Bison Bound and how to register here.
7. Advising: Once your transferred transcripts have been posted to your Pipeline account, you will be assigned an advisor. You may schedule an in-person or over-the-phone appointment with your assigned advisor. You will not be able to enroll in classes until you have consulted with an advisor. To view your assigned advisor, log onto Pipeline, and select the Student tab. Your major and advisor are listed in the Academic Profile box. If you need help getting an advisor assigned, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
2+2 Partner Institutions
These partnerships between Harding University and 2-year colleges allow a seamless transfer experience to a bachelor's program at Harding for students who have earned an associate degree in a qualifying program from a partnering institution.
Transfer Student Scholarships
Awarded to transferring students (transferring 14 hours or more) with a GPA of 2.5 or greater. Award amounts range from $4,000 to $8,000 per year. Recipients must maintain a GPA of 3.0. Only Harding courses will be considered in GPA calculation.
Living on campus:
4.00 - $8,000 per year
3.50 to 3.99 - $7,000 per year
3.00 to 3.49 - $5,000 per year
2.50 to 2.99 - $4,000 per year
Living off campus:
4.00 - $3,000 per year
3.50 to 3.99 - $2,500 per year
3.00 to 3.49 - $2,000 per year
2.50 to 2.99 - $1,500 per year
Become a Harding Bison
You can complete your undergraduate degree in education through the College of Education. Our Northwest Arkansas location offers a two-year program! Learn more about this Degree Completion option.