Camp Tahkodah is about faith, fun and friendship. It is a place to be outdoors and enjoy nature ... a place to learn and grow with people who love the Lord and are living daily for Him ... a place to make new friends and have lots of fun. The 1,350-acre camp is owned and operated by Harding University. Its location in the Ozark Mountains provides beautiful bluffs, quiet valleys, a spring-fed creek and wooded hiking trails. Campers enjoy daily outdoor Bible classes, horseback riding, swimming, softball, basketball, ping pong, tennis, hayrides, archery, volleyball, crafts, canoeing, fishing, picnics, hikes, Bible bees, talent nights, hymn sings and inspirational devotionals under the stars.
Tahkodah is a special place where children and teens find friends, fun, and faith. I hope you will be a part of it.
Travis McNeal, Director
Needed to secure a camper’s reservation:
- a signed medical form (online)
- a deposit of $100 (cash, check, or online credit card payment)
(Note: Reservations and preference of session will be accepted in the order they are received until camp is filled to 179 campers per session. The camp fee includes all meals, lodging in rustic log cabins, crafts, class materials, T-shirt, canteen and use of all facilities.)
Deposit and Confirmation:
Mail, Visits and Departures:
- Family and friends are invited to visit on Sunday from 1-4 p.m. The normal schedule resumes at 4 p.m. We are not equipped for visitors at other times. Exceptions require approval of the Director prior to arrival.
- No pets please.
- Taking campers from camp for sports events is discouraged.
- Under no circumstances will campers be allowed to leave camp with someone other than a parent without a consent form bearing a parent’s signature (See Forms section below).
- To leave camp, campers must be signed out/in at the dining hall.
What to Bring:
What Not to Bring:
2019 Dates & Fees
June 2-7 (1 week)
June 9-21 (2 weeks)
June 23-July 5 (2 weeks)
July 7-19 (2 weeks)
July 21-26 (1 week)
Early bird special: $15 discount if application is completed online or postmarked by Jan. 31st.
|7:20||Rise and shine, flag raising, clean cabins|
|8:00||Breakfast, devotional and announcements, med call|
|8:30||Clean up areas; prayer time|
|8:45||Singing at gym|
|10:15||Activity Period # 1 (Nature, Sports, Water, Crafts & Games)|
|11:15||Activity Period # 2|
|12:15||Prepare for lunch; mail call|
|2:30||Activity Period # 3|
|4:00||Activity Period # 4|
|5:15||Prepare for supper; assemble at logs|
|8:30||canteen & evening devotional|
|9:15||To cabins for showers and cabin prayers; med call|
Camp Tahkodah could benefit from receiving the following items. If you’d like to donate one of these items or help us obtain them, we would appreciate it. Your gift can be tax deductible.
- Scholarships for campers who need a little help
- Kawasaki mule or other similar ATV/UTV
- .22 Rifles and .22 ammunition
- Bucket or boom truck / lift
David and Jenna live at Camp Tahkodah. David is serving as the caretaker, and Jenna is Tahkodah’s rentals coordinator. Contact them at 870-251-1289 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A rental date is not confirmed until a deposit check has been received and you have received verification.
Take Highway 67 to Exit 55. Proceed north on 167 to Pleasant Plains. Turn left onto Highway 87, and follow it west for approximately 6 miles. Turn right on Camp Tahkodah Road. The camp is 3 miles ahead on the right.
Director: Travis McNeal
870-251-2304 Personal calls to campers and staff (3-minute limit) during summer camp.
Note: Campers must get permission from the Director to use the phone.
Cabin Rentals - Caretakers: David & Jenna Reese
Searcy, AR 72149-5615
5095 Camp Tahkodah Road
Floral, AR 72534