Pipeline Proxy Instructions
Due to federal law (FERPA), Harding is not allowed to release student information to anyone without the student’s permission. This process will allow the student to designate one or more people who can view or discuss their student information. A person given authorization, often a parent, is given Proxy access.
Because of the law, the student must complete Part A. Then the person to whom they wish to allow access (the Proxy) will receive an email and must complete Part B to have access.
Part A – Student’s portion (Must be completed on a desktop/laptop)
- Log in to pipeline.harding.edu using your username and password.
- Under the Student bar, select Proxy Access.
- Select Proxy Management.
- Select Add Proxy.
- Fill out the proxy's name and email address and select Add Proxy (Make sure the email is accurate). Your proxy will receive an email with instructions on how to complete Part B; however no permission has been granted until the rest of these steps are completed.
- Once proxy access has been added, the screen will collapse, and you will see Expand with your proxy’s name next to it. (example: Expand John Doe). Select your proxy’s name.
- Please carefully read the information at the top of the page as it describes each field and the permission you are granting. Fill out the Proxy profile information completely. Then, if you have chosen to provide a passphrase, click Email Passphrase. An email will be sent to you and your proxy with the passphrase.
- Select the Authorizations tab above in the yellow bar. Check desired page authorizations. Select Email Authorizations and an email will be sent to your proxy telling them the pages to which you have granted them access.
Part B – Proxy’s Portion (Must be completed on a desktop/laptop)
You will receive an email with the subject “New Proxy identity.” This provides the link and the initial password (Action Password) for you to view your student’s information.
- Follow the link provided in the email.
- Enter the Action Password from the message and select Login.
- On the Reset PIN page, create your pin using the email address and your Action Password (in the Old PIN box). Enter a PIN (minimum six characters) and click Save.
- Complete Proxy Profile information, and click Save.
- Select your student’s name in the yellow bar above to see their information.
To return and log in
- Go to harding.edu/proxy.
- Enter your email address and PIN and click Login.
- Click on your student’s name.