Women for Harding
Founded in 1965 as a Christian service organization, Women for Harding has a rich heritage in providing need-based scholarships for freshman men and women at Harding. Each year, volunteers throughout the country work together on numerous projects to fund these scholarships. Scholarship applications are available below.
- To support Harding University in all her needs.
- To help promote the highest advantages in physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual education for every student of Harding University.
- To promote a clear understanding of Christian education.
- To foster a spirit of friendship among the women who are interested in the development of Christian education.
- To raise funds for the Women for Harding Freshmen Need-Based Scholarship Fund.
How Can I Help?
- Pray for God’s blessings upon Harding and for our many dedicated volunteers.
- Choose a membership level and pay your dues.
- Organize and participate in fundraisers in your community.
- Host a dinner or event with alumni and friends to promote Harding to prospective students.
- Start an Women for Harding chapter in your community.
- Purchase bricks for memorials and gifts of honor.
- Donate items for e-Bay.
- Purchase Harding cookbooks, throws, knives, prints and other products for gifts.
- Make a donation to the Women for Harding Scholarship Fund.
- Recommend students for the Women for Harding Scholarship.
The purpose of our various projects is to support Harding University and its students by contributing money to the Women for Harding Scholarship Fund.
With football season in full swing, we have the perfect accents to wear for the game, fresh water pearl jewelry designed for Harding University and your favorite high school, college, or professional teams. Every strand is hand strung on silk thread and individually knotted with a rhodium plated silver clasp. Each item comes in the colors to match your favorite team. Items available:
Over 800 Delicious and healthy recipes collected from Women for Harding and President's Council members.
The Third-edition is currently available for $15.
Cookbooks are available in the Harding Bookstore as well as the Alumni Office and History House. You may call 800-477-4312 Ext 1 as well.
Celebration Boxes - Gifts for Students
Send a little happiness from home to your student during the school year and help Associated Women for Harding raise money for its scholarship fund. All packages include discount coupons from local merchants. There are four ways to let your student know you are thinking about him or her:
How to Order:
You can order bags with the online Celebration Bags order form. If you have any questions, please call 800-477-4312 (ext. 1) or 501-279-4276.
Rada Cutlery Sales
Quality knives, serving utensils, and more are shown from Rada Cutlery. This cutlery comes with a lifetime guarantee. They have solid aluminum handles with a satin finish. The prices range from $3 for a paring knife to $28 for a complete set of steak knives with a slicer and serving fork. There are many items to choose from, and these make great wedding gifts! These can be purchased in the Harding Bookstore.
Harding Prints - Harding Memories Series
These beautiful pen and ink prints are popular with alumni and are suitable for framing.
Memories I (Bell Tower Print) - $15
Harding Collage Print (Color) - $30
This beautiful collage of Harding scenes and places by Betty Malone is now available.
All women, alumni, and friends of Harding are invited to become members-at-large. Any member in good standing will be privileged to vote and hold office. There are several membership options available:
- Dues for regular members are $25 per year, payable annually. Dues for At-Large and/or Women for Harding Fellows are $25 per year, payable annually
- You may also become a Friend of Women for Harding for $25 with no commitment for service and no active membership.
- The following levels of membership have been included to honor those we love and hold in high esteem:
|The Marie Yingling Lifetime Membership||$100|
|The Claudia Petty Patron Membership||$500|
|The Sue Roper Memorial Membership||$1,000|
|The Deanna Smith Memorial Membership||$2,500|
|The Louise Ganus Membership||$5,000|
Checks should be made to Women for Harding and mailed to the address below.