Bison Bound 2022
Registration & Dates
Registration is now open for all accepted students. Register
Dates for Bison Bound 2022:
- June 9-10 (Thursday-Friday) *Registration closed*
- July 14-15 (Thursday-Friday)
- August 17-18 (Wednesday-Thursday)
In addition to obtaining essential information regarding campus life and a view of campus, students will be able to receive academic and major advising, receive their class schedule, and complete essential activities such as selecting a chapel seat, meal plan and ordering a parking pass.
All incoming students must complete orientation in order to register for fall classes and enroll.
To register for Bison Bound students must first have been accepted for admission to the university.
Other Important Dates:
- Stampede (Welcome Weekend) begins on Thursday evening, August 18.
- Fall classes begin on Monday, August 22.
Harding is on NearPeer!
We want to give you a headstart on one of the most important parts of orientation: connecting with future classmates! With that in mind, Harding has partnered with Nearpeer. Nearpeer is a social media peer-to-peer networking platform specifically for Harding students that matches and connects incoming students based on their similarities and common interests. You can locate others in your program of study, find a roommate or just make connections. All admitted students will receive a personal email invitation to join.
Bison Bound Schedule
8:30-9:30 a.m. - Registration in the Heritage Lobby
- Admissions, Registrar, and Financial Aid “Help Desk” in the Heritage Lobby
10:00-10:45 a.m. - Welcome Session
11:00-12:00 p.m. - Student Lunch in the Charles White Dining Hall
STUDENT SCHEDULE - Group Sessions (40 mins. each)
1. This Or That?, Hosted by Campus Activity Board & Recreation
Learn more about CAB and Student Recreation, then, along with a group of your new friends, decide if you prefer This Or That.
2. Student I.D. Photo & Vehicle Registration, Hosted by The Office of Public Safety
Learn more about how The Office of Public Safety serves and protects you. Fun fact: It’s the only office that never closes, and can be reached at any time by calling: 501-279-5000.
3. First Year Success, Hosted by First Year Experience & Student Success
- Learn more about Stampede (welcome weekend), first year activities, the Center for Student Success and Pipeline.
4. The Harding Community, Hosted by The Office of Student Life
Learn more about student organizations, the student handbook, living in a residence hall and student support services.
3:00-4:00 p.m. - Academic Fair
4:15-5:15 p.m. - Advising Session 1
5:15-6:00: Advising Session 2
11-12:00 p.m. - Panel 1
- Residence Life, Student Health Services, Counseling Center, Spiritual Life, Disability Services, Diversity Services, Dining Services
12:00-1:00 p.m. - Parent Lunch in the Charles White Dining Hall
1:15-2:15 p.m. - Panel 2
- Admissions, Academics, Bookstore, DormNet, Student Support Services, Public Safety, Business Office
2:15-3:00 p.m. - This or That? Parent Edition!, Hosted by Campus Activity Board
3:00-4:00 p.m. - Academic Fair
3:30-5:00 p.m. - Parent Program
- Bible & Ministry, Alumni Parent Relations, Student Life, Enrollment
6:30-7:45 p.m. - “Tailgate” Dinner at Bison Park
- Come enjoy food trucks, lawn games and more!
8:00-9:30 p.m. - Illusionist Jonathan Erlandson, in the Administration Auditorium
8:00-8:45 a.m. - Breakfast
9:00 a.m. - Worship & Connection
9:45 a.m. - Essential Information & Fun
10:00-1:00 p.m. - Student Scheduling
10:00-1:00 p.m. - Parent Information Fair
- Business Office, Academics, Student Life, Student Health Services, Counseling Center, Disability Services, Diversity Services, Student Support Services, Dining Services
11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. - Lunch: On your own (meal cards provided)
- *Lunch times will vary depending on advising
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Bison Bound Bash!
- Review your checklist, Pick up your student I.D., take a photo with Buff the Bison, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I ready to register for Bison Bound?
Step 1: Be Accepted
Bison Bound is open to students fully accepted to Harding University who have received their Harding acceptance letter in order to register. If you have not completed the admissions process or are not sure yet of your acceptance, please contact your Admissions Counselor.
Step 2: Sign Up
Once registration opens, students must complete and submit the registration form to successfully sign up for a Bison Bound session.
Step 3: Essential Requirements
The following items may be submitted after registering for Bison Bound, but must be submitted prior to receiving your class schedule.
- Immunization Records
- Housing Form
- Character Reference Form
These forms and additional information can be foundin Apply - Undergrad.
What is the purpose of Bison Bound?
Completing this required program is designed to give you several advantages heading into the fall semester at Harding. At Bison Bound you will:
- Build or review your class schedule for the fall semester
- Attend sessions to help you make decisions about your college career and be prepared for your first day of class
- Preview campus life and find out what to expect as you begin your Harding experience
What is the difference in Bison Bound and Stampede? Why do I need to attend both?
Bison Bound is an informative program designed to ensure that students are adequately prepared for classes and campus life. Stampede is the recreational aspect – meeting new friends, settling into dorms, getting acquainted with roommates and sharing fun experiences together before school begins.
How do I edit my registration form?
Am I required to participate?
ALL undergraduate first time in college and transfer students are required to participate in Bison Bound. However, if you already have a Bachelor’s degree or are not attending the Searcy campus, you will not be required to participate in Bison Bound.
What about a parent orientation?
Bison Bound parents, you will be able to your own attend informational sessions regarding financial aid, etc. These sessions are not required but are designed to help parents of incoming students to better understand life at Harding.
Please keep an eye out for more information about parent specific orientation and programs for Bison Bound.
Will housing be provided?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be able to provide housing while current students are still on campus. We are working on ways to provide housing during the summer sessions and will have more details soon.