Bison Bound Registration and Dates
Bison Bound 2021 registration is now open! Please register for your desired date as soon as possible. Once a date as full it will be marked as closed below and will no longer appear as an option on the registration form.
- Bison Bound I: April 9th and 10th, 2021 (Closed)
- Bison Bound II: April 23rd and 24th, 2021 (Closed)
- Bound III: June 10th and 11th, 2021 (capped at 300 students)
- Bison Bound IV: July 8th and 9th, 2021 (capped at 300 students)
- Bison Bound V: August 18th and 19th, 2021
In addition to obtaining essential information regarding campus life and a view of campus, students will be able to receive academic and major advising, receive their class schedule, and complete essential activities such as selecting a chapel seat, meal plan and ordering a parking pass.
All incoming students must complete orientation in order to register for fall classes and enroll.
To register for Bison Bound students must first have been accepted for admission to the university.
Harding is on NearPeer!
We want to give you a headstart on one of the most important parts of orientation: connecting with future classmates! With that in mind, Harding has partnered with Nearpeer. Nearpeer is a social media peer-to-peer networking platform specifically for Harding students that matches and connects incoming students based on their similarities and common interests. You can locate others in your program of study, find a roommate or just make connections. All admitted students will receive a personal email invitation to join.
Bison Bound Tentative Schedule
This schedule is subject to change. Please keep an eye on your email for the most up to date information regarding Bison Bound.
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. - Registration (Students and Parents)
- 10 a.m. - Welcome Session (Students and Parents)
- 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Informational Sessions and Community Building in group* rotations (Students and Parents). *Groups will be assigned and communicated to you before you arrive
- Get to know you with CAB
- Student I.D. Photo and Car Registration
- Residence Hall Tours
- Campus Tour
- 4-6 p.m. - Academic Fair (Students and Parents)
- 5-7 p.m. - Dinner and Advising Prep Program (Students and Parents)
- 7-8 p.m. - Advising Session I (Students Only)
- 8:15-9:15 p.m. - Advising Session II (Students Only)
- 7-9 p.m. - Parent Network Event (Parents Only)
- 8-9 a.m. - Breakfast with Recruiters (Students Only)
- 8-9 a.m. - Parent Breakfast (Parents Only)
- 9 a.m. - Information Session (Students and Parents)
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Student Breakout Sessions in groups* (Students Only)
- Campus Life and Recreation
- Student Success and FYE (First-Year Experience)
- Public Safety and Residence Life
- Student Life
- 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Parent Information Session (Parents Only)
- 12-1 p.m. - Lunch on your own with provided meal cards (Students and Parents)
- 1-5 p.m. - Student Scheduling (Students Only)
- 1-5 p.m. - Parent Information Fair (Parents Only)
- Business Office
- Student Life
- Student Health Services
- Counseling Center
- Disability Services
- Diversity Services
- Student Support Services
- The Send Off - Stop by after your schedule is built to receive final gifts and check in with your recruiter
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I ready to register for Bison Bound?
Step 1: Be Accepted
Bison Bound is open to students fully accepted to Harding University who have received their Harding acceptance letter in order to register. If you have not completed the admissions process or are not sure yet of your acceptance, please contact your Admissions Counselor.
Step 2: Sign Up
Once registration opens, students must complete and submit the registration form to successfully sign up for a Bison Bound session.
Bison Bound Registration for 2021 will open Feb. 15th to students who have paid their enrollment fee. General registration will begin March 1!
Step 3: Essential Requirements
The following items may be submitted after registering for Bison Bound, but must be submitted prior to receiving your class schedule.
- Immunization Records
- Housing Form
- Character Reference Form
These forms and additional information can be found here.
What is the purpose of Bison Bound?
Completing this required program is designed to give you several advantages heading into the fall semester at Harding. At Bison Bound you will:
- Build or review your class schedule for the fall semester
- Attend sessions to help you make decisions about your college career and be prepared for your first day of class
- Preview campus life and find out what to expect as you begin your Harding experience
What is the difference in Bison Bound and Stampede? Why do I need to attend both?
Bison Bound is an informative program designed to ensure that students are adequately prepared for classes and campus life. Stampede is the recreational aspect – meeting new friends, settling into dorms, getting acquainted with roommates and sharing fun experiences together before school begins.
How do I edit my registration form?
Am I required to participate?
ALL undergraduate first time in college and transfer students are required to participate in Bison Bound. However, if you already have a Bachelor’s degree or are not attending the Searcy campus, you will not be required to participate in Bison Bound.
What about a parent orientation?
Bison Bound parents, you will be able to your own attend informational sessions regarding financial aid, etc. These sessions are not required but are designed to help parents of incoming students to better understand life at Harding.
Please keep an eye out for more information about parent specific orientation and programs for Bison Bound 2021.
Will housing be provided?
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be able to provide housing during the April sessions while current students are still on campus. We are working on ways to provide housing during the summer sessions and will have more details soon.