Center for Charitable Estate Planning
Creating Your Estate Plan
Harding University partners with PhilanthroCorp, a faith-based estate planning consulting company, to provide advice and counsel free-of-charge to our alumni and friends. Details of your estate remain confidential and are not shared with Harding. This can be done over the phone from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
Since 1997, PhilanthroCorp has worked with individuals to make sure their dreams and goals are accomplished through proper estate planning. They do not sell financial products or manage money, so nothing they do is intended to replace your current advisors.
PhilanthroCorp’s Estate Specialists are available to review your existing plan or assist in setting up a new estate plan. Contact 800-876-7958 or visit philanthrocorp.com to get started.
How It Works
To begin the estate planning process, PhilanthroCorp’s scheduling team will connect with you to schedule a telephone appointment with one of their Estate Specialists.
- The initial 30-40-minute phone meeting will focus on gathering information and understanding your personal goals.
- PhilanthroCorp will send you a summary of the information gathered along with a document titled “Biblical Perspectives of Estate Planning.” PhilanthroCorp then develops a preliminary estate design proposal.
- During the next phone meeting, PhilanthroCorp will begin refining the proposal and will continue to do this in subsequent calls until they have finalized an estate design that completely accomplishes your goals.
- PhilanthroCorp will connect with your attorney to move into the drafting phase. If you do not already have an attorney, they will help connect you to one in their network to draft your documents at a reduced rate. If you have an established relationship with an attorney, PhilanthroCorp is happy to work with them to complete your estate plan.
- PhilanthroCorp’s Estate Specialist will continue to work with you and your attorney until you have estate documents that match the finalized proposal. When the documents are executed, PhilanthroCorp will send you a binder for the documents with a final design proposal. They will also schedule a final call to review the booklet and help you organize all the information to make things easier for loved ones.