A Message from the President
Dr. Mike Williams
“We are proud to be President's Council members because of the ways it helps to grow and advance the student body and campus. It's also given us a great avenue for connecting with other alumni and meeting new friends.” —Lance ‘97 and Kathy ‘00 Aljian
About the President's Council
The President's Council has provided more than 50 years of service to the University. With both energy and generosity, council members have a distinguished record of faithful support. The council includes alumni and friends who are committed to the mission of Harding University and act as:
- Partners in our noble cause of Christian higher education
- Prayer warriors for our community
- Goodwill ambassadors for the name of Harding
- Recruiters of students
- Networkers for our graduates
- Providers of advice related to Harding’s well-being
We invite you to join the President's Council
The Council includes people who are committed to the mission of Harding University: to integrate faith, learning and living. From a wide geographical distribution, the University seeks additional men and women for Council membership who demonstrate interest in advancing the cause of Christian education and its potential impact on the world through their service to Harding University.
Commitment is also shown through contributions to the President’s Council Scholarship Fund. We are seeking a multi-year commitment (typically three years) at the levels listed. This can be set up monthly or however is best for you. You would join members across the nation who love Harding and the Christian atmosphere that our students experience.
If you are interested in joining the President’s Council or learning more about this opportunity, please contact the Office of University Advancement at 501-279-4312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to partner with you in this journey.
See a listing of Senior Advancement Officers.
Are you a new member? Fill out the Questionnaire.
Download the President's Council brochure.
Membership & Giving Levels
Your commitment and support enable Harding to continue the legacy set by our past presidents and many others who made Harding their personal ministry. As a token of our appreciation for your donation, you will be recognized on a donor wall in the lobby of the David B. Burks American Heritage building.
- Dr. Bruce D. McLarty Level — Honoring Annual gifts between $300 to $999 | This level is dedicated for GOLD, Graduates of the Last Decade.
- Dr. David B. Burks Level — Honoring Annual gifts between $1,000-$2,999
- Dr. Clifton L. Ganus, Jr. Level — Honoring Annual gifts between $3,000 to $4,999
- Dr. George S. Benson Level — Honoring Annual gifts between $5,000 to $9,999
- Dr. J.N. Armstrong Level — Honoring Annual gifts of $10,000 or more
Recognition and Benefits
- Online newsletter highlighting events on campus and President’s Council-related news
- Opportunities to provide feedback to the University
- Invitations to meet and hear from the president at the semi-annual President’s Council breakfast meetings
- Two complimentary tickets to the Black and Gold Dinner during Homecoming in the fall
- Tickets to the President’s Council tailgating lunch prior to Homecoming football game
- Two complimentary tickets to the Homecoming football game and the Homecoming musical
- Two complimentary tickets to Spring Sing
- Name recognition on the President’s Council display in the Heritage lobby
- Other events throughout the year
PC Spring Events 2023
President's Council 2023 Spring Meeting
We invite you to join us for the President’s Council meeting and activities on Spring Sing weekend, April 7-8, 2023.
On Saturday morning at 10 a.m., we will come together for the annual spring meeting in Cone Chapel. Come hear from Dr. Williams as he shares his thoughts on Harding's next century. We ask you to be prepared to give feedback and brainstorm with members of our University cabinet in breakout sessions specifically designed for the President's Council. We will adjourn at 11:30 a.m. to enjoy brunch together in the Founders Room. Click here to register yourself and up to three guests.
Enjoy one of the Spring Sing performances of "Stand Out" on Friday or Saturday night at 7 p.m. or the matinee performance on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. Ticket information is below!
A schedule of all campus Spring Sing activities can be found at: harding.edu/springsing.
Spring Sing Ticket Information
- Purchase Tickets at hardingtickets.com.
- PC members are entitled to two complimentary tickets to any of the Spring Sing performances.
- For the Saturday night performance, tickets go on sale Thursday, February 16 at 9:30 a.m. CST.
- For all other performances, tickets go on sale Monday, February 20 at 9:30 a.m. CST.
- Use the code found in your email or on Harding President's Council News and Events Facebook page.
- If you need special assistance, contact Joanna Crisco at the Ticket Office at 501-279-4276.
President's Council is overseen by the Advancement Dept.