Registrar's Office

Veterans Affairs

Harding University is approved by the Arkansas State Approving agency for Veterans, thereby, allowing veterans and their beneficiaries to utilize military educational benefits to fund their studies.

For more information on each type of benefit, please visit the VA's Education and Training webpage. 

GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).     

Benefit Opportunities

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs decides which benefits you qualify for based on your time in service.

Apply for benefits


Chapter 30 and 1606: Montgomery GI Bill ®(PDF)

more info...


Chapter 31: Veteran Readiness and Employment

Contact Harding's School Certifying Official for more information.

more info...


Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill ® (PDF)

more info...


Chapter 35: Dependents Educational Assistance (PDF)

more info...


Federal Tuition Assistance

Qualifying for Benefits:

All servicemembers wishing to use Tuition Assistance (regardless of branch of service) must first contact their Educational Services Officer (ESO) for approval. Please contact your local Installation Education Center to reach your ESO.

Once you are approved for Tuition Assistance through your branch of service, please contact Harding’s Veterans Benefits Specialist ( or 501-279-4404) to let them know.

Education Programs and Degree Plans: 

All students have access to Harding’s Academic Catalog which will outline their program requirements and they will have access to an electronic degree plan with transcript once they are fully admitted to the University. If you have any questions pertaining to your specific program or how transfer work will equate before you are fully admitted, please contact Harding’s Veterans Benefits Specialist ( or 501-279-4404).

Readmission to the University:

All Undergraduate students (regardless of Military affiliation) wishing to re-enroll to the University must submit the Application for Readmission found on the Office of Student Life webpage. 

All Graduate students wishing to re-enroll to the University, must go through their Graduate Program. For your program's contact information, please contact Harding's Veterans Benefits Specialist ( or 501-279-4404).



Contact person: Angie Shafer

Phone Number: 501-279-4338

General Information

Chapter 31: Veterans Readiness and Employment: Harding University will send a bill to the Department of Veterans Affairs after the student’s hours have been certified through the VA School Certifying Official.

Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®: Tuition and fees will be certified during the second week of class. Any interest accrued while Harding waits on the VA to release these funds will be removed from the student's account. 

  • Dropping a course: If you drop a course in which Ch. 33 benefits were paid out, the VA will request Harding to return funds originally paid for that course. When the debt letter is received by Harding, the Business Office will charge that debt amount to the student's account for repayment. 

Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance: The VA will release your funds at the end of the month for the previous month. If you plan to use these funds to help pay off your Business Office account, it is recommended that you opt-in to the Business Office payment plan. 

Chapter 1606 and 30: Montgomery GI Bill®: The VA will release your funds at the end of the month for the previous month. If you plan to use these funds to help pay off your Business Office account, it is recommended that you opt-in to the Business Office payment plan. The VA will require you to verify your enrollment before your funds are released.

Tuition Assistance (TA): Students using TA as well as personal funds to pay for their semester courses are encouraged to opt-in to the Business Office's payment plan. 

  • TA Refund Policy: When a student drops a class in which TA was paid out, Harding is required to return unearned funds and is refunded on a sliding scale.
    Weeks 1-2: 100%
    Weeks 3-4: 75%
    Weeks 5-8: 50%
    Weeks 9-10: 40% (60% of course completed)
    Weeks 11-16: 0%

Financial Aid

Primary Point of Contact: Judy Hall

Secondary Point of Contact: Any Financial Aid Counselor

Phone Number: 501-279-4257

Students receiving benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs or Federal Tuition Assistance are allowed to receive federal financial aid to supplement their military funding.

For questions or more information on available aid (including submitting the FASFA), please visit the Office of Financial Aid.

To apply for Financial Aid, go to: Apply for Financial Aid

For information regarding Harding's Student Loan Cohort Default rate, please visit Harding's Consumer Information webpage. 

Additional Resources:

College Navigator: College Navigator is a free consumer information tool that guides, leads, and directs students, parents, high school counselors and other interested parties to information about higher education institutions including accredited universities, graduation rates, Cohort Default Rates, estimated expeneses, etc. The primary data source for College Navigator is the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, or IPEDS.

Military Transcripts

VA students may receive transfer credit based on their experience and responsibilities while in service.  Credit may be transferred according to ACE recommendations for the experience or participation in a class or for DANTE scores.  In order to receive credit, the soldier should request their official military transcript be sent to the Registrar at Harding University for evaluation.

Types of Transcripts:

Archive of veteran military service records

Semester Certifications

Contact person: Kelley Cox

Phone Number: 501-279-4404


All chapters:

-All VA students must submit a “Certificate of Eligibility” to the VA Certifying Official before the first semester’s hours may be certified. Each chapter has a slightly different version, but will encompass the same concept. 

-Each semester you will be required to fill out the “VA Certification” form found on your Pipeline account. This information lets you update your program of study and contact information, as well as, letting the VA Certifying Official that you plan to use your benefits during that semester.

-If you are planning on taking courses at another institution while you are still a student at Harding University, you must be pre-approved to take and then transfer those courses back to Harding. Each student will need to fill out the “Transfer Course Pre-Approval” found on their Pipeline account. When taking courses at another school while Harding is considered your “Primary School,” a Parent Letter must be forwarded to the “Secondary School” in order for your transfer hours to be certified with the VA.

Chapter 31: Your individual Case Manager will forward the proper paperwork in order for the VA Certifying Official to certify your fall hours.

Chapter 33: Adding/Dropping courses- You will be financially responsible for any courses you drop that are not dropped during the free drop/add period. The VA will determine the method in which you repay these funds. 

Transfer of Entitlement

“If a member of the Armed Forces (active duty or Selected Reserve) serves six years and reenlists for four more years or has at least 10 years of service, then transfer of entitlement is possible.”

- Department of Veterans Affairs - Transfer of Benefits

Transfer Students

If you have used your VA benefits previously with another institution, you must complete and submit one of the following two forms with the Department of Veterans Affairs before Harding can certify your hours in the upcoming semester:

- VA Form 22-1995: Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

- VA Form 22-5495: Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training

As a transfer student, you will also be required to submit official copies of all college transcripts as part of your admissions requirements into Harding University.

Contact Us

Fax: 501-279-4388

Location: Administration 106

Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Mailing address:
Harding University
Registrar's Office
HU 10766
Searcy, AR 72149-5615