Foreign Languages & International Studies
Center for Translation
Opening Fall 2023
Read in Spanish | Leer en Español
Read in French | Lire en Français
The Harding University Center for Translation is a language service provider designed to give Harding’s translation students hands-on experience and opportunities to serve others. Many services will be offered for free or at reduced rates as part of the center’s commitment to serving the Harding and Searcy communities. Translation will be available in French and Spanish.
We believe God has blessed students with language abilities to serve others. The Center for Translation provides students with training, hands-on experience as language service providers and access to the latest translation technology under direct supervision of trained faculty.
- Training in translation, including helpful techniques and strategies
- Experience with translation software, including machine translation and CAT Tools
- Hands-on experience and the ability to share language gifts in service to God and the community
For the Community
- Translation of personal documents such as birth certificates, marriage and divorce certificates, academic transcripts, job applications, letters and reports, Bible studies, and religious resources
- Translation editing and proofreading
- Local interpreting services
As a service to the local community, the Center for Translation offers these language services at a reduced rate. Please use the following form to request a quote.
The Center will maintain strict confidence and will not use or disclose to anyone, without the prior express written authorization of the requester, any information obtained from the translation or interpretation carried out by its language providers. This information includes personal information (including name, birth date and personal identification numbers) that may identify the client. Access to this information is limited to workers whose duties require access to such information to perform their language service duties. Our translators have received training on the Center’s Privacy and Confidentiality Policies.
The Center for Translation is part of the Department of Foreign Languages and International Studies which is part of the College of Arts and Humanities.
The Center for Translation will be located in the new Holland-Waller Center.
Harding University Center for Translation
915 E. Market Ave.
Searcy, AR 72149